Frequently Asked Questions Answers to some of the most commong questions
Below are some of the most asked questions from members, if you have a question which isn't answered below please ask in the support forum.
Uploading Limits and Problems
- Is there a limit on how much I can upload?
- There are currently no limits on the amount of media you can upload to your profile, we do however have a generous limit on filesizes. For mixes it is currently 350mb and for tracks it is 50mb.
- What media formats are allowed to be uploaded?
- Your media must be in MP3 format. Your MP3 can be uploaded at a bitrate of your choice, however we reccomend 192Kbps, this will increase your upload speeds and also allow visitors to download your media faster but also retaining high quality sound.
- I am having trouble uploading my media
If you are having problems uploading your media there are a number of things you can try to resolve your issue which include:
- Download the latest version of Adobe Flash Player from here.
- Disable any internet security software which may interfere with your upload.
- Make sure you are using the latest version of your browser, if it still doesn't work try an alternative browser such as Mozilla Firefox.
- Some security software such as ESET Internet Security is known to completely block any upload activity. The only solution is to uninstall the application and use some alternative software.
- If you are still having problems and have tried all of the above please ask in our support forums for more help.
Downloading & Playing Media
- How do I download mixes or tracks?
To download a mix or track, you need to be a member of the site and logged in to your account. To see the download link click on any mix or track title to open the player window, the download tab will appear across the top of the window.
If the download tab isn't visible then the artist may have decided to not allow visitors to download their media. You may contact the artist directly to see if they are willing to share an alternative download link.
- Is it free to download media
Yes, you can download media uploaded by artists to your computer or mobile device without charge. However if you feel you are a heavy user of the site we would appreciate donations to help keep this site running, our server costs are pretty expensive!
- I can't get any mixes or tracks to play?
Please ensure you have the latest version of Adobe Flash Player installed, you can get it here. If you are still having problems please try to close all your internet browser windows, then open up a fresh one and try again.
- I am looking for mixes which contain the track 'XYZ'
If you are looking for mixes or tracks whcih contain certain trakcs / artsts please use the search feature at the top of page.
- How do I promote my mixes on the news feed?
To insert a link to your mixes / tracks on your news feed posts, type the @ symbol followed by the title of your media. A drop down list should appear where you can click the mix you want to promote.