This Mix is a Tribute mix to the Music of Electronic Dance Music Producers Hybrid
This is Part 1 of what was a 7 Hour Set I recorded a few weeks back that I have had to edit down into individual sets
This is a Mix I had wanted to record for many years but had to wait a long time to finally get all the tracks and remixes i required, thankfully Hybrid have just released a 5 cd Box set full of some rareities i dint have before which when added to my previous collection that has taken many years to build (all in High Quality 320k/lossless/cdburnt formats and nothing less pretty much covers about 90 percent of Hybrids complete discography. Some tracks will never be released or are so old that getting my hands on decent copies has proved near impossible.
I have tried to cover as much of Hybrids career in this Epic Setm i hope many of you appreciate their music as much as i do, this mix was recorded with nothing but passion and total respect to the original artist/s
Part 1 covers some of Hybrids most recent work from the disappear here era but including allot of rare remixes ive edited together myself and chopped about to form with other remixes of the same songs.
The other sets that form the remainder of this Mix I will post up over the next few days.
if you love Hybrid and if you love Breaks on a Widescreen scale then hopefull you zill love these mixes to and i hope i have been faithful to Hybrids original work<
My Second Tribute Mix to my Favorite band/producers of EDM - Hybrid! Recorded sometime in 2011
Ive used allot of the post-album (Disappear Here) released remixes so this mix has a darker, more widescreen, Cinematic feel to it, managed to feature quite allot
of additional orchestral parts into it to (and i've taken hybrid back to the Breaks!)
Featuring their most recent work I waited for all the remixes of tracks from the Disappear here album to be released, chopped them up and made my own edits before setting about the task of constructing the a set that represented the album, but the way I would have made it sound to begin with, so plenty of Breaks and Hybrids trademark Wobble sounds! I have featured mainly sections of the Kill City Remixes for this Mix as I love Hybrid's Kill City Sound, really dark and dirty! Im not a big fan of Charlotte's vocals so ive tried to cut out her voice where i could and tried to use the Dub remixes to make it more of an instrumental sound, although she is still in there in places. I like the instrumental Hybrid, the way Hybrid used to Sound. Ive also chopped up and edited allot of the Orchestral Parts and added extra strings where they werent before. Its only minor edits i have made to the tracks, some tracks are made up of 3 or 4 different remixes of the same song - I love Hybrids Music, so this was my tribute to an amazing band. I didnt want to mess with their music to much but I think i kept faithful to the Hybrid Sound. Its the way I would have wanted the album to Sound originally anyway. I also managed to include the Incredible Hybrid Soundsystem Remix of 'Summertime Rolls' by The Losers.
Hybrid is a group that I dumped into a few years ago, I liked there style of music/work and did a mix from my favourite tracks that I liked.
A DJ’s heaven to mix these tracks went together real easy and where a joy to mix
1 Hybrid-Formula Of Fear (Original Mix)
2 Hybrid-Formula Of Fear (Glenn Morrison Mix)
3 Hybrid-I Know (feat. Julee Cruise)
4 Hybrid-Blackout (feat. Kirsty Hawkshaw) (Y4K Edit)
5 Hybrid- Symphony (Original Breakbeat Mix)
6 Hybrid- Dogstar (feat. Perry Farrell)
7 Hybrid- Dreaming Your Dreams (feat. Julee Cruise)
8 Hybrid- If I Survive (feat. Julee Cruise)
9 Hybrid- High Life (feat. Julee Cruise)
10 Hybrid- Papua New Guinea (feat. Future Sound Of London) (Remix)
11 Hybrid- Found The Gonzo (feat. Easy B)
The Tracklist is not the full one. This mix contais more than 300 tracks, mixed, remastered and produced by Royal Sapien. For Full Tracklisting Check Out My Homepage> http://kaligulamixs.blogspot.com , or the http://royalsapien.com
To my wife kari happy valentines day baby girl through tough times it's been a journey love u girl!!!
01. Alanis Morrisette – Your House (Hybrid’s Naughty Mix)
02. Sarah McLachlan – Possession (Rabbit in the Moon Mix)
03. Petter – These Days (Sasha’s Involver Mix)
04. UNKLE – What are you to Me (Sasha’s Involver Mix)
05. Sonic Infusion – Reformatted (General Midi Mix)
06. Uberzone & Rennie Pilgrem – Cous Cous (Royale Mix)
07. Andy Page & Babs – Oblivia Newton Bomb (Poxy Music Mix)
08. Alanis Morisette – So Pure (Hybrid Mix)
09. Way Out West – Apollo (General Midi Mix)
10. UNKLE – Reign (False Prophet Mix)
11. BT – Never Gonna Come Back Down (Hybrid Breaktek Mix)
12. Gouryella – Walhalla (Hybrid Echoplex Mix)
13. Hybrid – Finished Symphony (Hybrid’s Echoplex Mix)
Finally back with my first set of 2011. This mix has a dark and deep flavor to it. There are some really beautiful vocal tracks too. Powerful stuff that make you just want to close your eyes and feel every note flow through your body. I added in some vocals to a few tracks, including a nice "cool" surprise to D Cee's remix of Omnia.
Hope you enjoy! Thanks for listening.
Brand new Rendered for the New Year!
Firstly, big ups to Steady Eddie, i raided his new tracks for a lot of this set! Toughened up my selection as only he can...
Whilst its a pretty tough set in general, theres definately some dark areas, and a few slips into Breaks.. all good!
Hope y'all like the set, good fun to mix :)
1) HiTech - Sound Like You
2) Pole Folder - Hollow (Robert Babicz Saturn Rings Remix)
3) 55Feeling - Old Castle
4) Hybrid & Christian Fischer - I Know (Kaiserdisco Remix)
5) Anil Chawla - Fuga
6) Daniel Portman - Virtual Suicide
7) Rick Pier O'Niel - Protect Yourself (Julb Remix)
8) Quest & Dirty Fours - Bass Trap
9) Pole Folder - Hate Myself (Sasha Remix)
10) Way Out West - Only Love (Jerome Isma-Ae Remix)
11) Heartbeat feat. Josie - Because Of You
12) Hybrid & Christian Fischer - I Know (Chaim Remix)
13) Shifter n Carvell - A Dark Distance (Hybrid Remix)
14) Martin Brodin - Siberian Transit
15) Star - Rock Rose (Chab Mix)
16) The Advent - Inox
Danke an alle die da waren! Ein ganz besonderer Dank geht an die Organisatoren von GW-Party und den vielen fleißigen Händen des N*DORPHINCLUB Chemnitz! Danke auch an Robby für die tatkräftige Foto-Unterstützung!
Info: If you artists want, that I delete it please send me a message and I will delete it imediantly.
A blend of chilled out electronica mixed with some querky progressive breaks leading to a crescendo of techy progressive sounds!!
1. Aes Dana - Inter-gem
2. Solar Fields - Discovering
3. Hybrid - Green Shell Suit
4. Royksopp - The Drug
5. Sascha Funke - Lotre
6. Hybrid - Empire
7. Martyn - SeventyFour (Redshape Mix)
8. Nick Muir & John Digweed - Aquatonic (Unreleased Dub)
9. Faithless - Not Going Home (Eric Prydz Remix)
10. Hybrid - Formula of Fear
2007 was a heck of a year in every sense, both good and bad. The music thing has really taken off this year, with me spending more time in the studio and in the clubs than I ever have. Anyways, as is customary for me, here's my end of year mixset. It's actually only part one (the majority was recorded back in June), as I've had so many tunes to get through. Things start proper with a remix from me and are all things house before going a bit trancey towards the end, finishing with a fantastic tune by Hybrid and John Graham/Quivver.
01. 3D - 'The Party At The End Of The World'
02. Mardrae - 'Crazy' (Epicentre's Skyful of Mixes)
03. Cicada - 'Electric Blue'
04. Planet Funk - 'Chase the Sun' (Electro Remix)
05. Kaskade - 'Be Still'
06. Hybrid feat. Perry Farrell - 'Dogstar'
07. Meck feat. Dino - 'Feels Like Home'
08. Mothers Pride - 'Floribunda' (Hoxton Whores Remix)
09. Planet Funk - 'Tears After The Rainbow'
10. Quivver - 'These Are The Days' (Vocal Mix)
11. Epicentre - 'B' (Dub Mix)
12. Dekkard - 'Curse The Day'
13. Mac & Brown & MYNC Project - 'The Bells of Brighton'
14. Snow Patrol - 'Open Your Eyes' (Allende Mix)
15. Arcade - 'Gimme Soul' (Epicentre's Doppelganger Remix)
16. BT - 'Idea 3'
17. Mike Foyle - 'Shipwrecked' (John O'Callaghan vs Mike Foyle Club Mix)
18. Joey Wisternoff - 'Cold Drink, Hot Girl'
19. Hybrid feat. John Graham - 'Until Tomorrow'
Autumn/Winter MiX to follow, including more original content and a brand spanking new remix I've just finished tonight. See you on the other side :)
Proto Nu Skool Breaks mix recorded December 98. My intent for this was to document a change in breaks that was happening in the US at the time. California and Florida breaks output had been pretty solid since 94, but by mid-98 it was apparant and the feeling was tangible - they were reaching the end of their shelf-life. Most, and I say most... Big Beat and "Funky Breaks" from the UK during that period did not hit the mark for me, in terms of the gut-level connection breaks were capable of making, that could be found in producers like Bassbin Twins (CA), Brownie (CA), Funky Robots (CA), The Beat Brothers aka Friction &amp; Spice (FL), Thorn (FL) and the like... However, by mid to late-98, coming in ones and twos and B-Sides, there was a sound that could be identified, and much of it filtering in from the UK and collaborations on domestic releases with UK producers... The first "solid" example of what was to come was Tipper"s mix on his re-release of Tweak No. 1 on Coast (import). Also, you had Kick 70, 71, 77 and 78, which were compilations of tracks put together (and produced in part) by Rennie Pilgrem, with the Nu Skool Breaks EPs (Limited Promo Releases), and the NSB Samplers 1 and 2... E.P. titles at the time, which would soon name a whole genre and breathe new life into the breaks scene, World-wide... The tsunami was coming... Nu Skool -AND- Deep Progressive Breaks were on their way... I was about to move residence and didn"t know when I"d be setup again, so this was trying to capture the sound from what I had to work with, that wouldn"t be lost on those within my sphere of influence... Trying to break the sound State-side... A gamble that worked.
Good day to all good people :) This is yet one more page in the Lonely Diaries. Originally mixed and broadcast live @ Mixlr. Thank you all the musicians who gave away such beautiful tracks absolutely for free! All the tracks in this set are Free As In Beer, meaning musicians giving them away for free and you can freely download any track from this set by just googling musicians names. And as always please show them some love, follow them, like them, buy their releases etc. Thank you :) all rights remain with the original artists/composers/producers image used on the cover by alexandramaria.deviantart.com