Place time indexed comments here...
Mixed by Thomas Trouble and DJ D
Recorded Summer 1999
Kickin' Arse was my first public release, created after less than a year of DJing. San Francisco veteran DJ and my mentor, Thomas Trouble, was kind enough make a versus tape so that I could get my name advertised under the wings of Thomas' already established credentials.
Using advice given to me by Thomas, most of my mixes on Kickin' Arse are smooth and gradual transitions using only the cross fader. You'll find that while the mixes are beat-matched, there isn't a whole lot of creativity to them. It being early in my career, I still had a lot to learn about many aspects of mixing - EQing, when to use volume faders versus when to use the cross fader, tricks, cuts, overall creativity and originality, etc.
The track selection for this tape represents my style at the very beginning of my career. Some of you may recognize these tunes from the original Man in the Moon days at Big Heart City... ah the memories!
- 1 Eve Gurotondo Eve 16 (Logo side)
- 2 Eve Gurotondo The Ultimate Frontier
- 3 Funkopath Regenerate (Deepsky Remix)
- 4 The Captain and The Alien Thing Punk 2 - Return of Punk
- 5 Lab 4 Reformation II (OD404 Mix)
- 6 Weirdo Gotta Keep On
- 7 Musique de Marque Nigiri Yaguru
- 8 Interflow 3 Performance
- 9 X Cabs and Chemistry Tuneless
- 10 Gouryella Gouryella