Place time indexed comments here...
Between the Sound Stage 7 logos is Sir Lattimore Brown
Sound Stage 7 was a subsidiary label of Monument started in 1963 by Fred Foster and later connected to John Richbourg and his assistant Allen Orange. It was mostly used for the release of Soul/R&B singles, and only released a small amount of LPs.
Ella Washington, the 3 tracks featured on this compilation were released on Sound Stage 7
AWAKE, MY HEART, TO BE LOVED
Awake, my heart, to be loved, awake, awake!
The darkness silvers away, the morn doth break,
It leaps in the sky: unrisen lustres slake
The o'ertaken moon. Awake, O heart, awake!
She too that loveth awaketh and hopes for thee;
Her eyes already have sped the shades that flee,
- 1 Little Johnny Taylor How Can A Broke Man Survive
- 2 Freddie Scott Cry to Me
- 3 Willie Hightower Medley (I Love You) For Sentimental Reasons / You Send Me
- 4 Ella Washington I Want to Walk Through This Life with You
- 5 Allen Orange Something on My Baby's Mind Take 2
- 6 Ann Sexton I Want to Be Loved
- 7 Barbara Mason Game Of Love
- 8 Bettye Swann These Arms Of Mine
- 9 Claudine Clark (Sherry Pye) Ask The Girl Who Knows
- 10 Little Johnny Taylor For Your Precious Love
- 11 Bobby Taylor A Little Too Much
- 12 Chuck Jackson & Maxine Brown Daddy's Home
- 13 Ann Sexton Come Back Home
- 14 Ella Washington Starving for Love
- 15 Jimmy Church I Don't Care Who Knows
- 16 Freddie Scott The Love of My Woman
- 17 Little Johnny Taylor I Should Have Known
- 18 Winfield Parker Fallen Star
- 19 Sir Lattimore Brown Pain In My Heart
- 20 Ella Washington I Can't Afford to Lose Him
- 21 Ann Sexton You're Letting Me Down
- 22 Willie Hightower You Used Me Baby