Place time indexed comments here...
Welcome to the History of Disco Series!!!
A definitive collection of classic dance and disco tunes from the 1970s right through to the 2010's
In total there are 10 mixes each with a running time between 2hours and 3 minutes and 3 hours and 37mins
Each mix has more or less the same style starting off with a low BPM and building up to the fastest tracks towards at the end. At the very end of the mixes we wwind down and finish up classic slow beat track from the past.
There are remixes and reworks of the original disco songs and a some are the original versions.
Each mix features disco and dance tunes from the 70's through to the 2010s but the theme is mainly disco and most of the tunes from disco age are reworks. Think of it as a mega collection of all the top disco and dance tunes that you used to dance to in your favorite club
Mix 6 - We start off with a rework of the classic Love Sensation by Loleatta Holloway after follows a hand full of seventies disco classics from the likes of Blonde, Chic and Sharon Red. We then dip into our eighties selection with Frankie Goes to Hollywood with Relax which was banned from a popular radio station in the UK because of the lyrics. S express also feature on this mix with the Theme from S express which uses the sample from a classic Royce Royce disco classic. Then we step into the nineties with Sydney Youngblood’s nineties classic if only I could. As the mix continues we feature more great classics from the 5 decades of music including, Hot Streak with Body work, Spiller Groove jets if this ain’t love and Snap are on this mix with the Uk charts no1 hit Rhythm is a dancer. The classic Disco record that changed the face of club music also features here of course it's Donna Summers I feel love. Believe it or not Donna Summer recorded this classic in one take. There is also a rework of the Bee gees classic seventies love song How deep is your love. We wrap the mix up with a 2006 dance anthem from the teamsters with feels like love, and then finally finish up with one of the greatest love songs ever played at the end of disco nights all over the world, it’s the classic from the Commodores Easy.
Ok let's return to the classics and enjoy this monster 151minute mix.....
- 1 Lolleata Holloway Love Sensation
- 2 Blonde Heart of Glass
- 3 Sharron Red I specialize in love
- 4 The Whispers It's a love thing
- 5 Yvonne Elliman If I can't have you
- 6 James Ingram Yah Mo b there
- 7 Chic My forbidden lover
- 8 Narada Michael Walden Divine Emotion
- 9 Frankie Goes To Hollywood Relax
- 10 S Express The theme from S express
- 11 Sydney Youngblood If only I could
- 12 Raw Silk Do it to the music
- 13 Dianna Ross Upside Down
- 14 Chirades Gimme the funk
- 15 Hot Streak Body Work
- 16 Quincy Jones Ai no coreda
- 17 Kool and the gang She's fresh
- 18 Cheryl Lynn Shake it up tonight
- 19 Spiller Groovejet If it ain't love
- 20 Donna Summer I feel love
- 21 Snap Rhythm is a dancer
- 22 Alicia Bridges I love the night life
- 23 Angie Stone Wish I didn't miss you
- 24 The Bee Gees How Deep is your Love
- 25 Teamsters It feels like love
- 26 The Commodores Easy